Selected Survey Talks
Beyond NP: The Work and Legacy of Larry
Stockmeyer, Keynote address at the 37th ACM Symposium on Theory of
Computing, Baltimore, May 22, 2005.
My Favorite Ten Complexity Theorems of the
Past Decade II, presented at Workshop on New Horizons in
Japan, March 3, 2005.
- Church, Kolmogorov and von
Neumann: Their Legacy Lives in Complexity, presented at NVTI
Theoriedag, Utrecht, The Netherlands, March 7, 2003.
- History of Complexity, presented at
the 17th Annual IEEE Conference on Computational Complexity, May 22,
- Comparing Notions of Full
Derandomization, presented at the Institute for Advanced Study
Workshop on Complexity of Proofs and Computations, December 13, 2000.
- Perspectives on Lower Bounds:
, presented at the DIMACS Workshop
on Computational Intractability, April 13, 2000.
- One complexity theorist's view of quantum computing, presented
at the Second Workshop on Algorithms in Quantum Information
Processing at DePaul University, Chicago, January 21, 1999.
Quantum Computation and Counting
Complexity, presented at the Algorithms in Quantum
Information Processing Workshop, Aarhus, Denmark, January 15, 1998.
- 25 Years of P versus NP, presented at the 25th Anniversary Celebration for Paul Vitanyi at the CWI, Amsterdam, November 15, 1996.
- My Favorite Ten Complexity Theorems of the Past Decade, invited talk at the 14th FST&TCS Conference, Madras, India, December, 1994.